painting our portrait
Our CDI timeline
Follow our ongoing journey to paint our portrait of culture, diversity and inclusion (CDI) here at RSM.
AICPA forms National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion; Rich Caturano joins as chair
- Rich joins the 400,000-member AICPA as its 100th chair to challenge the lack of diversity and inclusion in accounting.
- Rich co-founds the AICPA National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion and speaks with tens of thousands of professionals and business leaders about the value of diversity and inclusion.
RSM appoints Rich Caturano national leader of culture, diversity and inclusion
- Rich Caturano is appointed RSM’s national leader of culture, diversity and inclusion formalizing the firm’s commitment to CDI and creating a national program to advance inclusion within the firm while enhancing how we support our clients. Focus groups are held to design a program with the needs of our people in mind. Tracey Walker is invited to help advance the CDI journey.
RSM launches CDI program with creation of employee network groups
- RSM establishes 11 employee network groups (ENGs) to create diverse and inclusive communities, as well as allies, while offering a forum for discussion about personal experiences and issues tied to culture, diversity and inclusion.
- ENG leaders are appointed and convene in the first CDI Leadership Summit; in-depth training is deployed; and regional leaders are established for each group.
- RSM's technical conferences deploy CDI learning.
RSM appoints network of national CDI office champions
- CDI office champions lead efforts within each RSM office and in the communities across the country where our people live and work.
CDI leaders partner with business functions
- CDI leadership aligns with internal partners like human resources and talent acquisition to accelerate recruiting and retention efforts across the firm.
RSM enhances involvement and sponsorship of NABA, ALPFA and Ascend conferences
RSM appoints Tracey Walker, national director of culture, diversity and inclusion
RSM expands involvement at NABA, ALPFA and Ascend conferences with teams of ambassadors, career fairs and plenary sessions
RSM forms Employee Network Executive Council
- With the growth and maturation of our employee network groups (ENGs), RSM forms the first Employee Network Executive Council to give ENG leaders a space to confer, share best practices and align on goals for the various diverse communities they represent.
RSM holds second annual CDI Leadership Summit
- This second convening hones the firm’s mission, vision and impact around culture, diversity and inclusion, while ensuring insightful information can be paired with action to deliver tangible CDI results. The second gathering of RSM network leaders forms the current CDI Leadership Summit format, which expands from the first year to include leaders from across the organization.
- More than 150 of the firm's top executive leaders and a team of professionals leading the CDI/ENG efforts at local, regional and national levels gather to learn best practices and hear from thought leaders focused solely on inclusion in an intensive two-and-a-half-day workshop.
ENGs reach 1,500 members
RSM produces first CDI scorecard with representation and inclusion metrics
National CDI and talent acquisition summit forms
- To not only retain, but also intentionally recruit minority community members, RSM forms the national CDI and talent acquisition summit as a catalyst for training and sharing best practices for recruitment of diverse voices.
Inclusion training expands to unconscious bias series and cultural dexterity training launches for all RSM professionals
- Unconscious bias training encourages our people not only to recognize when bias might play a role in their interactions with colleagues, but also with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
RSM wins first CDI consulting client
- By illustrating the firm and team’s commitment to shifting the conversation and focus on culture, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their business, RSM wins its first CDI-related client consulting project for a government agency.
ENGs reach 2,000 members
RSM launches partnership with Howard University
- RSM launches its continuing partnership with Howard University Center for Accounting Education (CAE), a retreat to help first- and second-year minority professionals succeed in public accounting.
CDI champions appointed at every RSM office
- Local CDI champions build culture with custom-designed programs and initiatives based on what drives the highest impact in each office.
CEO Joe Adams joins CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™
- RSM joins coalition of CEOs of the world’s leading companies in signing CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge.
CDI appears in annual report
- RSM publicly showcases its commitment to an inclusive culture with the inclusion of CDI in the firm’s 2017 annual report.
CDI front and center at RSM World Conference
- Tracey Walker holds an inclusion general session on bias and its global relevance at the RSM World Conference in Berlin.
ENGs reach 3,600 members with 32-plus % employee participation
- ENG membership surpasses 3,600 as groups continue to receive opportunities for mentorship, leadership development, specialized training, networking opportunities and more.
National CDI marketing/communications summit forms
- To increase the firm’s advancement of CDI both internally and externally, RSM forms summit to help marketing and communications professionals view content and strategy through an inclusive lens.
Diversity MBA names RSM’s Tracey Walker to 2018 Elite Top 50 Executive Leaders list
ENGs reach 4,000 members with 40-plus % employee participation
Diversity MBA names Jason Alexander to Top 100 Under 50 Executive and Emerging Leaders list
CDI leaders introduce six strategic priorities and goal to be first-choice employer of underrepresented minorities and women
ENG participation nears 50%
- Nearly 50% of RSM’s 13,000-plus people are members of one or more of the firm’s 12 ENGs.
Diversity MBA media names RSM’s Tracey Walker to Top 100 Women of Influence
AICPA honors Rich Caturano with its prestigious Gold Medal Award
- Caturano’s outstanding legacy includes significant work to advance culture, diversity and inclusion in the accounting profession and at RSM.
AICPA names RSM’s Tracey Walker to Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting
RSM establishes Middle Market Collaborative for Understanding, a forum for middle market business leaders to discuss and advance diversity, equity and inclusion priorities.
RSM publishes inaugural culture, diversity and inclusion report
- This report—the first-ever culture, diversity and inclusion report—illustrates the firm’s commitment to continue building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion not just internally, but beyond RSM’s walls as well, along with a promise to share progress, best practices and lessons learned in years to come.
RSM Names Tracey Walker National CDI Leader
- Walker has been instrumental in our efforts to advancing diversity and inclusion at RSM. Her knowledge and expertise will be ciritical, as we continue to make great strides.
Read more about...
© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.